Graduation requirements for UNC School of Media and Journalism undergraduates:
- Pass the Usage and Grammar exam.
- Complete all requirements found on the appropriate academic worksheet.
Stay in touch with student records staff to make sure you are on track.
- Apply to graduate through the MJ-school using the Degree Application Form.
*NEW THIS SEMESTER* Effective Spring 2017, all degree application forms can be completed online. Students should not complete the electronic form if they have already submitted the paper application to Carroll Hall. Forms must be completed by the appropriate deadline to allow time to complete an audit of progress to confirm outstanding requirements in time for students to make any necessary schedule adjustments.
- May 2017 / August 2017 graduates: Apply by Oct. 15, 2016
- December 2017 graduates: Apply by March 15, 2017
- Apply to graduate through your student center area in ConnectCarolina.
Please refer to the registrar’s academic calendar at registrar.unc.edu to find out when ConnectCarolina applications will open.
For more information, visit the MJ-school's student records staff.