MJAA Mentorship Program
The goal of the UNC School of Media and Journalism's Mentorship Program is to support the educational and professional growth of student participants — and for alumni professionals to play a key role in the development of UNC’s next generation of media and journalism industry leaders. The program is facilitated by the MJ-school and the Media and Journalism Alumni Association (MJAA) Board.
2018-19 Mentorship Program
Mentees may apply for the 2018-19 academic year mentorship program between March 1-31, 2018. Mentees will be chosen by May 1, 2018, and mentors will be chosen by Aug. 1, 2018.
- Kickoff event: Friday, Sept. 14, 2018
- Mentee/Mentor Meeting #1: Week of Sept. 23-29, 2018
- Mentee/Mentor Meeting #2: Week of Nov. 11-17, 2018
- Mentee/Mentor Meeting #3: Week of Feb. 10-16, 2019
- Mentee/Mentor Meeting #4: Week of March 24-30, 2019
- Closing event: Friday, April 19, 2019
For more information
About the MJAA
The Media and Journalism Alumni Association empowers alumni to support the UNC School of Media and Journalism today and into the future. Guided by a group of media industry leaders from across the nation, the MJAA harnesses the power of a diverse and talented graduate base to support student development, foster alumni connections and encourage giving to reinforce the School’s reputation as one of the nation’s elite programs. Click here to learn more about the MJAA.